Friday, October 19, 2012

Colonial Meets Degas | Living Room & Play Space




I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this turned out!!!

I have many favorite impressionists,
one of which is Edgar Degas.  Degas raw
sketches complimented this design perfectly!
For this board I wanted an old meets simple, stark,
and modern design so I utilized natural wood
and raw rustic decor.  The result: a very simple
and pleasing palette.

Matt & I are going to try and make this
room a reality in our own home!!! (minus the
play area of course)  It will take some time
however, as everything, as you know, is expensive.  
But that's one of the best ways to implement
interior design; as your budget allows!

If you want more check out these items:




This coffee table would be a fabulous addition: {coffee table}


As would this accent chair: {leather chair}

Absolutely LOVE the Broyhill Credenza
Dresser {14} - wouldn't it make a gorgeous media console?!

Next up, painting the brick fireplace...

xo. m

PS.  Next week I am planning to post an
"About the Artist" for Degas, so stay tuned &
happy decorating!


LINKS

9.  Lead Toy Soldiers {1} {2} (for decor on the mantle - do not give to children!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Looking forward to your comments!